How to clean fabric upholstery using Fabric Cleaner
At least every 6 months you should thoroughly clean any area of your furniture that regularly comes into contact with the human body (seats, arm rests, head rests etc). Everybody perspires! The absence of stains on textiles does not mean that perspiration is not already causing damage. The Easy Clean method allows you to clean a seat with Fabric Cleaner in just minutes.
The Easy Clean Method is designed to remove generally soiling from furniture that is regularly maintained. If your furniture is stained, you should treat the stained areas with the appropriate stain removal product before cleaning the entire piece. Stain Removal Tips
If your furniture is heavily stained or has a build up of soiling, it is best to have it professionally cleaned. We recommend having your furniture professionally cleaned at least once every 18 months.
The Easy Clean Method
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Pre-test Fabric Clean er on a hidden area to check for colour-fastness.
- At a distance of 30cm, spray just enough cleaner to make the fabric slightly damp. Leave to act for a few minutes.
- Dampen a soft cloth with warm water.
- Rinse the fabric using gentle circular motions to remove all traces of the cleaner. Rinse the cloth in warm water, and repeat as necessary.
- Use a clean cloth to pat the fabric dry.
- Allow the furniture to dry completely before use.
Make sure that you:
- Don’t let the fabric get too wet: the fabric should be dampened, never soaked. Try not to wet the furniture’s filling at all.
- Do not rub or scrub: rubbing drives dirt in deeper, and can damage the fabric. The chemical action of Fabric Cleaner will dissolve the dirt; you just need to gently lift it off.
- Rinse thoroughly: cleaners work because they attract dirt, any residues left on your upholstery will also attract dirt.