Uniters Pure Multipurpose Care Kit with the 5 Year Worry Free Wood Warranty
What is the Worry Free Wood Warranty?
We are so confident in the quality of our products that we are happy to provide a warranty with all our Uniters Pure Multipurpose Care Kits. The warranty reflects our confidence in our products ability to keep your furniture clean and stain free. In addition, we have extended the warranty to cover specific incidents of damage.
What does the Worry Free Wood Warranty cover?
If you take good care of your furniture it should last a long time. But accidents happen. Our warranty is designed to give you greater peace of mind by providing you with protection against some of those accidents. The warranty covers the timber and any leather or fabric upholstered sections. The warranty protects your furniture from accidental stains or damage that occur while your furniture is being used for its intended purpose, as shown below.
Accidental stains to timber and upholstery caused by water, oil and alcohol based substances, including:
- All food and beverages
- Human and pet bodily fluids
- Common household substances including: cosmetics, glue, grease and tar, soaps and shampoos, ink, wax and nail polish.
Please note: the warranty does not cover stains caused by products that are not water, oil or alcohol based, including, but not limited to nail polish, superglue, and permanent markers.
Accidental damage to timber including:
- Dents & gouges
- Water or beverage marks
- Heat marks
- Stains or rings
Accidental damage to upholstery including:
- Scuffs, scratches, punctures and rips
- Cigarette burns
- Pet scratches
Please note: claims for damage caused by pets are limited to one claim and Multimaster’s liability is limited to repairing a single panel of the furniture. Pet damage where the damage extends through the furniture`s upholstery are not covered under the warranty.
What services do we provide under the warranty?
If a stain or incident of damage is determined to be covered under the warranty, we will provide the following services:
Stains: if your furniture is stained, first we will provide you with cleaning advice and specialty stain removal products (if appropriate). If you cannot remove the stain, we will arrange for professional cleaner to remove it for you.
Damage: if your furniture has been damaged we will arrange for a professional technician to repair the damaged area.
Replacement: if the stain cannot be removed, or if the damage cannot be repaired, we will replace the affected part. If a part of your furniture is replaced, your warranty will still be valid for the remaining warranty period.
We may not be able to provide an exact match for your furniture due to variations in grain, stains or dye lots. If the match is not reasonably acceptable, we will (at our discretion) replace the affected piece, chair or suite.
If we deem a replacement to be necessary, the cost of replacement furniture will be covered by us on a pro rata basis. We will contribute replacement costs as follows:
- Up to the 1st year anniversary of the warranty, we will provide 100% of the replacement cost.
- Up to the 2nd year anniversary of the warranty, we will provide 90% of the replacement cost.
- Up to the 3rd year anniversary of the warranty, we will provide 80% of the replacement cost.
- Up to the 4th year anniversary of the warranty, we will provide 65% of the replacement cost.
- Up to the 5th year anniversary of the warranty, we will provide 50% of the replacement cost.
All services are provided subject to the terms and conditions of the warranty. For more information on these terms and conditions please contact us
What furniture is the warranty available with?
You can purchase a Uniters Pure Multipurpose Care Kit and Product Warranty with most timber furniture, including timber furniture which has leather or fabric upholstered sections, including: lounge chairs, lounge suites, recliners, bedheads, bed-frames and dining chairs.
Please note: availability will vary between stores, please ask your local retailer for more details.
How many pieces of furniture will the warranty cover?
You can combine any number of pieces under the one warranty, up to the allowed value of that level of warranty. The level of warranty you require will be determined by the total cost of your furniture. Four levels are available:
- Silver Care Kit & Warranty: $0-$1999*
- Gold Care Kit & Warranty: $2000-$3999*
- Platinum Care Kit & Warranty: $4000-$5999*
- Executive Care Kit & Warranty: $6000-$10,000*
*Total cost of all furniture items to be covered by the warranty.
What should I do if I spill something on my furniture?
Act immediately! Most spills can be removed if you act quickly.
- Remove any solids using a clean, colour-fast cloth. Any material that has dried to the surface can be carefully scraped off with a spoon or blunt knife. If you feel doing this would damage the timber finish, please contact us for advice before proceeding.
- Soak-up any liquids using a clean, colour-fast cloth.
- Clean the area using the appropriate products in your Uniters Pure Care Kit. If you are unsure which products to use, contact us for advice.
- If you can’t remove the stain using the products in your kit, contact us as soon as possible to make a service request. You are required to call us within five days, but the sooner you contact us, the easier the stain will be to remove.
What should I do if my furniture has been damaged?
If your furniture has been damaged, contact us within five days to make a service request.
How do I make a service request?
If you require assistance please call our customer service number:
Australia 1300 885 010
New Zealand 0800 888 789
When you call please ensure that you have your original invoice and warranty registration number at hand. If you have not already done so, you will be required to register your warranty and provide proof of purchase (a copy of your invoice or sales receipt).
Please remember that your warranty needs to be registered before we can process your service request. You can register online or by mailing, emailing or faxing the registration form and a copy of your invoice to:
Multimaster Unit 12, 398 The Boulevarde
KIRRAWEE NSW 2232
Fax: +612 8536 9001
- You must purchase your Uniters Pure Care Kit with Multimaster 5 Year Product Warranty at the same time as your new furniture (the kit and furniture must be on the same invoice).
- Before you use your new furniture, you must check that it is free from stains, soiling or damage.
- You must use the products in your Uniters Pure Care Kit as directed.
- You must apply the Leather Conditioner to any leather upholstered sections before using your furniture, and reapply it after cleaning your furniture with Stain Away or any other leather cleaner.
- You must regularly clean and correctly maintain your furniture. Maintenance guidelines are provided in your warranty brochure. Particular care should be taken if you are taking certain medications (including, but not limited to, some chemotherapy, blood pressure and heart medications). Residues of these medications can be excreted in perspiration and cause additional stains or damage.
- In additional to regular maintenance, fabric upholstery should be cleaned by a professional approximately every 18 months.
- Do not use or apply any cleaning or protection product not approved by Multimaster. If you do, you will void your warranty.
- You must contact us within five days of any incident causing a stain or damage (accumulated stains and damage are not covered under the warranty).
- You must be able to tell us how the stain or damage occurred (the warranty does not cover unidentified stains or damage).
- The warranty does not eliminate the need for routine cleaning and maintenance of your furniture. When furniture is correctly maintained, it is possible to clean and repair most staining and damage. How to care for timber
How to care for leather
How to care for fabric
Limitations of the warranty
- The Multimaster 5 Year Worry Free Wood Warranty is a warranty on the Multimaster product that you purchased, not an extended manufacturer’s warranty for your furniture. The warranty does not cover manufacturing faults of any kind, including timber, leather or fabric that is not of acceptable quality or does not meet Australian standards.
- The warranty is not a maintenance contract or a cleaning contract. The warranty does not cover accumulated stains or damage.
- The warranty is not an insurance policy. The warranty only covers stains and damage that occur when the furniture is being used for its intended purpose. It does not cover: fire damage; flood damage; acts of god; natural disasters; furniture that is in storage; furniture that is in transit or being transported (including within your home); or stains and damage that are not a result of the lounge being used for its intended purpose (for example, paint splatters that occur while painting nearby walls or ceilings).
- The warranty does not cover unidentifiable or unexplainable stains or damage. You need to be able to tell us how the stain or damage happened.
- The warranty only applies to exposed furniture grade timber, and the leather or fabric upholstered sections of your furniture. The warranty does not cover structural damage (including damage to stitching, buttons, zippers, decorative trims, foams, frames and mechanisms), or pet damage where the damage extends through the furniture’s upholstery.
- The warranty only applies to individual incidents of accidental staining or damage, the warranty does not cover accumulated stains or damage, wear and tear or anything that happens gradually. Including: dye transfer; damage from accumulated perspiration, hair and body oils; and accumulated incidents of damage.
- The warranty only covers furniture that is properly maintained and being used for its intended purpose. The warranty does not cover damage caused by: mishandling, deliberate acts, abuse or vandalism (including damage caused by pets and children); the incorrect us of, or failure to use, the Multimaster products; oxidation; corrosion; or sun damage.
- The warranty does not cover stains caused by products that are not water, oil or alcohol based. Including, but not limited to: nail polish, permanent markers, super glues, and solvent based paints. The warranty does not cover the removal of odours
- The warranty only covers furniture for domestic use. The warranty does not cover furniture that is used for commercial or rental purposes.
- The warranty does not cover unfinished leather, including, but not limited to, nubuck and suede. The warranty does not cover bamboo or rattan furniture.
- Service under the warranty is provided at no cost to you, provided you live within a 150 km radius of a designated Multimaster Service Centre (or retail store of purchase). If you live outside the service area, you may be required to pay the freight cost to have your furniture cleaned or repaired. Alternately, it will be your responsibility to organise delivery of your furniture to the nearest service centre, or retail store of purchase, for service under the warranty. Multimaster Service Centres are located in all metropolitan and most regional areas.
Please note: this document is intended as a guide only. Specific terms and conditions may vary. Please refer to your terms and conditions document or contact us for more information